The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
The community will be in read-only from Tuesday 11:59pm (PST) to Wednesday noon (PST)
Client Automation Standard Practitioners Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent installation is not getting updated

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Agent installation is not getting updated

Hi ALL,

I am facing one problem w.r.t agent installation. Agents are being installed manually, but tht is not getting updated under device tab whr managed devices it is showing 180 only, whr as around 300-400 agents has been installed on client machines.

Kindly pls let me know how to troubleshoot the issue.

Also let me know how to check from server whether agent has been installed on client machines & whether they r communicating r not.

It's bit urgent....

Waiting for ur kind response....

Thanks & Regards
Bharath
16 REPLIES
Alexander Willn
Honored Contributor

Re: Agent installation is not getting updated

This is too little information. Devices got installed? Did they connect? Which managed devices tab? Just a matter of selection of how many devices should be displayed? Did data got posted to DB? Is RMS running? Queue files?
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Hi Alexander,

Managed devices under device management >> general.

It should display around 350 devices which are installed manually. where devices has been automatically discovered thru DNS.

How to check whether they got posted thru DB, or RMS is running, or quefiles.

I need more information on how to check the above thru command prompt or any other utilities under CAS.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath
Alexander Willn
Honored Contributor

Not 100% sure, I'm with you but could it be related to firewall, esp. port 3463?
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Hi Alexander,

Port 3463 should be opened @ firewall end for client connectivity, am i right?

If so is there any command which i can use to check whether agent is installed on a particular client from server.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

You stated - Agents are being installed manually - just manually installing the agent will not automatically trigger off a client connect and install software!

Please give us a detailed step by step process on what you are doing.

Also, for CAS, all the firewall port requirements are included in the Admin guide. did you already check this?

Karl.
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Hi Karl,

Kindly let me know whether i need to enable 3465 port @ firewall for agent communicatin with the server from remote locations.

Also the following ports 3460, 3464, 3465, 3466, 3467, 3468, 3469, 3470 and 3480
given in the admin doc should be open @ server & firewall, am i right?

Waiting for ur reply @ the earliest....

Thanks & Regards
Bharath
Karl Skelton
Honored Contributor

3465 is the port the agent is listening on for notifications from the CA server. So yes, this needs to be open on the client.

Infra ports should be open as per the doc.
Alexander Willn
Honored Contributor

bharath_hanuma
Collector

So 3465 port should be enabled @ firewall & @ CAS server for agent communicatin for remote clients.

I hope I am right.

Regards
Bharath

Bharath,

Something else to keep in mind if you are installing the agent manually: make sure the client devices can ping the HPCAS server at the name or address you enter during the agent installation. If entered incorrectly, that could cause communication issues.

I'm guessing with the number you are installing that you've set the install up to run on its own so that the parameters are not being entered interactively, but if not, this is something to check.

Ben
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Hi Ben,

Manually it is getting installed correctly with setup , but local devices are getting discovered, but the devices in other locations r not getting discovered, we have installed around 400 agents, but around 200 only it is showing as managed devices. So there might be problem with port, whr I enabled 3465 @ firewall end.

Any other port has to be opened for successful communication of clients.

Thanks & Regards
Bharath

Are the devices at the remote locations able to communicate with the server in general?
bharath_hanuma
Collector

yes i am able to reach remote systems from my CAS server. But if i do telnet

telnet 3465 it is giving me error "Could not open connection to the host, on port 3465 : Connect failed"

Thanks & Regards
Bharath
Edgar Chavez
Occasional Contributor

Hello Bharath, I was wondering if you had an issue installing the agent with the agent deployment wizard. Is that the reason for manully installing the client agent? I am trying to push the client installation with the wizard but keep getting the error

"Failed to Install HPCA Agent - Reason: Unable to download media files"

I am doing this in my local network and not remotely so the firewall should not be an issue(Sonicwall Pro 3060). Windows firewall is off on the server and client workstation also. Thank you and I hope to hear from you.
Steve Berube
Frequent Visitor
Solution

This is most likely due to a firewall setting on the HPCA server blocking port 3466. The client side ManagementAgent/rma.log file will state what it is trying to download from to help further diagnose this issue.
bharath_hanuma
Collector

Thanks a lot for your replies....

Best Regards
Bharath
//Add this to "OnDomLoad" event