cancel

SiteScope Log Event Checker shows Failed to report Data to HP OM Agent

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.

SiteScope Log Event Checker shows Failed to report Data to HP OM Agent

Hi All,

I am currently deploying an environment where BSM/OMi is deployed in 1 server. I managed to integrate Sitescope with BSM and I am trying to integrate SiteScope to OMi too. I've configured the Integration in SiteScope server for OMi integration and both test event and message is shown in BSM Event Viewer successfully. However, when I were to send event for the monitor to the BSM/OMi, there is error saying that "No Events Preference Chosen". "Event Mapping Settings" in the monitor's Properties tab is showing none and nothing can be selected. 

I've checked on the SiteScope server, Coda is running fine. I've already uninstall and reinstall OM Agent in SiteScope server after reading some recommendations online. But that doesn't help on the issue.

Can someone please help on this?

Thank you.

16 REPLIES
jmmirchev
Micro Focus Expert

Re: SiteScope Log Event Checker shows Failed to report Data to HP OM Agent

Hi Kayzie,

Could you check in the monitor properties --> HP Integration Settings if you have the send events checkbox selected (see attached) ?

Hope this helps !

Yordan

Yordan Mirchev
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Yordan,

Yes, that is being checked. As you have the print screen attached, the section under "HP Integration Settings" is the "Event Mapping Settings" that I was referring to. I see that you have "Default Monitoring Event Mapping" listed, meanwhile, I only see "none" in my deployment. Can I know how can I get the Event Mapping work?

Thank you very much.

kenneth.gonzale
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

This should have to do with CODA and metric integration. Can you share oa_metrics_integration.log?
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.

If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums
Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.

Hi,

Please find the oa_metric_integration.log as per attached. Additionally, I've checked on the ovc status of the server, CODA is running fine as it shows:

C:\Users\Administrator>ovc -status
agtrep OV Discovery Agent AGENT,AgtRep (2984) Running
coda OV Performance Core COREXT (4504) Running
opcacta OVO Action Agent AGENT,EA (3152) Running
opcle OVO Logfile Encapsulator AGENT,EA (3036) Running
opcmsga OVO Message Agent AGENT,EA (3344) Running
opcmsgi OVO Message Interceptor AGENT,EA (2452) Running
ovbbccb OV Communication Broker CORE (1972) Running
ovcd OV Control CORE (1668) Running
ovconfd OV Config and Deploy COREXT (2364) Running
rtmd HP Real Time Measurement AGENT (3764) Running
sisconfig SiS Configuration AGENT (4072) Running

How do I find out how to check on the CODA and metric integration?

Thank you.

PatWest
Micro Focus Expert

Check this log for more information, it's related to CODA only:

..:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\log\coda.txt
kenneth.gonzale
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

oa_metric_integration.log is filled with Errors:

ERROR - Failed to report data to HP OM Agent /Hewlett-Packard/OpenView/Coda/ Coda daemon Initializing

Check coda.txt as recommended by Pat
Kenneth Gonzalez
HP Support

Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.

Hi experts,

Thank you very much for the information given. However, I couldn't find log folder in BTO Software. I am using SiteScope 11.20. Is there any different folder that I should be looking at?

Thank you.

Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.

Hi experts,

My apology on the wrong information provided earlier. I was looking at the wrong folder and please find the coda.txt as per attached. I see some terminate CODA instruction, believe to be my instruction to restart CODA earlier. But I can't see any further information on related error. Can you please help?

Thank you.

PatWest
Micro Focus Expert

I don't see any particular errors. Please check teh OM agent SYSTEM.TXT in the same folder. Perhaps more information can be found there?
Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Pat,

Please find the System.txt as per attached. It says failed to replicate CI data. 

Thank you.

PatWest
Micro Focus Expert

hi,

I would remove the OM agent and reinstall it. There is a problem with the certificate server and coda. It looks like certificates have never been exchanged between Sitescope and BSM.

Also, have look at these documents :

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM00682195

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1249782

Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Pat,

I've previously uninstalled and reinstall the OM Agent before sending out this ticket. But I was using the configuration tool in SiteScope to remove the OM Agent. Is that the proper way to uninstall the agent or there is some other way that I can fully remove the OM Agent before reinstalling it again?

Thank you.

Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Pat,

I've removed OM Agent as per guided in the link that you provided. SiteScope's Log Event Checker is now reporting green in "Failed to report data to HP OM Agent". However, I still do not see any event mapping in the screen. It did say that connection towards CODA is lost, but CODA is running fine in SiteScope server as shown:

C:\Users\Administrator>ovc -status
agtrep OV Discovery Agent AGENT,AgtRep (3836) Running
coda OV Performance Core COREXT (2100) Running
opcacta OVO Action Agent AGENT,EA (3364) Running
opcle OVO Logfile Encapsulator AGENT,EA (4128) Running
opcmsga OVO Message Agent AGENT,EA (3476) Running
opcmsgi OVO Message Interceptor AGENT,EA (4572) Running
ovbbccb OV Communication Broker CORE (2084) Running
ovcd OV Control CORE (1856) Running
ovconfd OV Config and Deploy COREXT (2376) Running
rtmd HP Real Time Measurement AGENT (3888) Running
sisconfig SiS Configuration AGENT (3440) Running

Meanwhile, test event and test message is sent successfully from SiteScope to BSM/OMi. Can you please kindly advise?

Thank you.

PatWest
Micro Focus Expert

hi,

First, the option "Report metrics to HP Operations Agent" must be checked here.

It is strange that you can send events to BSM. As the SYSTEM.TXT shows certificates are not setup properly :

: INF: Wed Apr 02 07:06:00 2014: ovcd (1736/2276): (sec.cm.client-50) Configuration setting CERTIFICATE_SERVER is not set. Certificate request cannot be sent.

0: WRN: Wed Apr 02 07:06:55 2014: ovbbccb (1928/2248): (bbc-90) The incoming HTTPS client connection from host ::1 failed due to the SSL error:

I would first start exchanging the certificates between OMi/BSM and the Sitescope server. I'm attaching a picture on how to do that manually.

At the end, the BBCUTIL tool should run successfully.

then run the "analyze" tool from Sitescope - use the settings as per the other attached screenshot of the Sis<>BSM integration page.

PatW

Kayzie_C
Trusted Contributor.
Solution

Hi Pat,

Thank you very much for your reply on that. That has been checked since the first implementation. And event mapping is finally showing up after following instructions on the sites below:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Application-Perf-Mgmt-BAC-BSM/SiteScope-Common-Event-Mappings/td-p/5992079#.Uzvf__mSzDA

Events is now able to populate into Event Browser in OMi.

Thank you.

PatWest
Micro Focus Expert

Good to hear it. Please mark this as accepted solution, if you will :>)