We have BAC 7.03 and MSSQL Database installed on the same server .But now due to the server performance issue we want to migrate the BAC or MSSQL Server and we do not want the loss of any current data and configuration.
Can u suggest which option is more feasible i.e. migrating BAC Server and connecting to existing database or migrating Database server ?
The performance what you want to achieve depends on several factors
1. Configuration of existing and new machine
2. The existing set up really takes toll on the server if more products are integrated for events/metrics
3. If you are planning to move to BSM, do go with distributed installation as it helps in scaling BSM set up (your current set up is not scalable as BAC and SQL are on single server)
4. What I would also suggest is the vesion of BAC/BSM should go with SQL versions hand in hand if you want to get the best out of BSM.
5. If there is a budget issue, only way is to move the DB to new one and connect BAC to new DB and increase the RAM on both machines. But I believe, time has come for make over so better upgrade to BSM.
Close the thread if your issue is resolved to make the thread meaningful and complete. Do show gratitude to people who helped you by assigning points.