I need to install BSM 9.21(Linux) with 2 GW for load balancing and 2 DPS for failover and 2 DB servers.
I have gone through the BSM install guide. could you please confirm if the following order is correct
1. BSM Install on Primary DPS first + DB config utility.
2.then BSM install on primary GW server first
3.then to check if BSM is running fine.
4. configure Virtual hostaname for load balance in infrastructure settings.
5. then installing BSM in secondary DPS and GW (Do not run the Server and Database Configuration utility as mentioned in guide)
6. Replicate the DB.
7. Clean up procedure for DB and then making changes in JMX console for failover.
Please confirm if I have missed anything as this is PROD install so would appreciate if you provide your feedback.
Thanks in advance
Go to Solution.
You completely messed up 2 totally different things - HA that is configured for multiple BSM servers belonging to the same BSM instance, and DR that is a totally different BSM instance.
Sorry about that. I do not want DR so I will exclude clean up procedure which is a part of DR.
Please let me know if below order is fine so that I can proceed:
1. Run installer on primary DPS and then on GW servers(both) with DB configuration utility.
2. Run installer on failover DPS and DB config utility to connect to DB.
3. mention VIPs in infrastructure settings.
4. Making changes in JMX for DPS failover.
Thanks so much!
1. Install BSM on ALL GW and DPS servers
2. Run Config Wizard on DPS that will be your primary DPS
3. Run Config Wizard on all remaining GW and DPS in any order.
4. Set your VIPs in BSM Infra Settings
5. Configure automatic DPS failover
Dmitry is right you mixed HA and DR. You can virtically scale GW's as and when you like 2, 3, 4 ... n but DPS can only run on one server. You can have a stand by DPS if you like.
configure a VIP to load balance GW's using round robin principle for data collector and second VIP for user with least busy and session stickiness by end user IP address.